Monday, December 12, 2016

6 Weeks


    Someone asked me this week if we are sad when we say goodbye to the puppies. We have mixed feelings about the puppies leaving. We do love them, and will miss each puppy individually. But 6 puppies at once is sooooo much work at this stage. So we are happy to see them go to their new homes, where they can get the attention that they need and deserve.

This week the puppies have become little monsters. One minute I am telling them how smart and cute they are, and the next I am pulling my hair out. They have discovered that they enjoy ripping the puppy pads to shreds. This is why puppies in the winter can be more challenging. So with this new discovery, they have earned some time in the great outdoors. We decided that they needed a bit more stimulation to wear themselves out. They are not to pleased with their new schedule. In the morning we take them outside first thing, while we clean up their mess from the night. Then they come in and eat solid food, and I sit with them and give each puppy some attention, while making sure they do not shred the puppy pads. After that point, they are settled and ready to sleep for a while. Lunch time and bed time, we do the same routine. They are only outside for about 10 minutes before complaining and wanting to come in. But we should see some warmer weather by the end of this week, so hopefully they can enjoy more time to run in the big back yard.

I introduced them to pig ears this week, and they love them. They are very much into chewing, so be prepared to have some stuff destroyed if you don't keep your eyes on your puppy! 

I am not soaking their food for as long, and letting them chew and crunch. Some are doing very well, while others are not to happy about it. But they will all get there.  They are all growing and healthy. I take them to get their shots this week, and have the vet check them all over. 

We also introduced them to little balls, and they are loving those. I wish I had the camera with me this morning to capture them playing with the balls, but I didn't. They run and pounce, and are very enthusiastic while playing.

Here's to another great week!


Lark




Bolt




Hershey




Mia




Molly (was cocoa)




Lolly





Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment