Wednesday, May 17, 2017

5 WEEKS ALREADY


The time is seriously flying by with these puppies. I can hardly believe we only have 3 weeks left before we say good bye. I keep waiting for them to turn into little terrors, but it hasen't happened yet. They have been easy to paper train, they all love to eat, and they play with my kids like crazy. They are seriously so cute and sweet. This is why I continue to have puppies. I love raising happy, confident puppies. I hope that you will love them as much as we do.

This week we increased their feedings from 2 times a day to 3 times a day. (And they increased their pooping by 100 times a day)  They are fed early morning, around 1, and then again about 7. Up until tonight I have been blending their food like baby food texture. Tonight I soaked their kibble and blended it a small amount. They did not love it. So I will keep working on that. They would rather slurp it up, then have to chew it.

We adjusted their sleeping area a bit today. They have all learned to climb in and out of their whelping box. We have had pads on half of the inside of the box, and the outside. Today I took the pads out of the box all together, and I have my fingers crossed that they will go out of the box to do their buisness.





We also introduced them to the outside kennel this week. They were fairly apprehensive at first. But they have quickly learned that having so much space is a lot of fun. They are still mostly interested in play fighting with eachother. But have shown a bit of interest in playing with sticks and balls. So we will probably make a trip to the pet store and get them a few toys to destroy. They have mastered going in and out of the dog house, and they love it in there. We have a big cozy quilt for them to sleep on.


Learning to go in...


and come out...



Mini exploring behind the dog house



My boys love to climb into the dog house with the pups


Lucy was complaining here, because she wanted to go out with the big dogs


Today the puppies also received their first dose of de-worming meds. None of them enjoyed it. But I am a nurse, and have also had lots of puppies over the past few years. So I came out triumphant.  I booked their first set of shots for June 1st. They will also be getting their microchip that day. If you are sure of their name, please let me know, and the micro chip will be registered with that name. If you are not, it is not a problem. You can change it when you receive your puppy and have decided on a name. Enjoy some pictures!

 Trooper

A side note on this guy. He has gained over 2000 grams in 5 weeks. It has been amazing to see this little guy thrive. He is now almost 5 pounds. Started out at less than 0.5 of a pound.



Here is Miss Mini 

She also started out small.  she has also been an amazing little grower. She is super sweet, and holds her own.





Little Lucy

Lucy likes to be on my feet, between my feet, or on my lap. She is adventurous, but prefers to stay close still.  She is one of the bigger pups in the group. 







Emma, oh Emma...

 Emma has been my mover and shaker this week. She is EVERYWHERE when we go to the grass. In the words of my 10 year old "She is awesome because when you want to cuddle her, she cuddles. And when you want to play, she is crazy!"





We call this Girl Gem. (puppy 5)

As you can see in the pictures, my daughter is in the pictures, because she was heavy, and hard to hold out. (Or she may have been getting tired by this point.) Gem is one of the biggest pups. She is super playful and sweet. And loves to sleep on her back!






Mr. Sims

This little guy is on the move. And he has such an innocent look in his eyes. He is VERY patient, as my 3 year old carries this one around EVERYWHERE. His tail is always wagging. 




Beautiful Bella

Bella is probably the quietest puppy in the bunch. She does NOT get pushed around, but loves to be an observer. She is a fun and cuddly girl. 




Sims already trying to destroy sweaters. notice the little paw up there, so he can have better leverage? 





This is Mini (puppy 2) getting a lesson about life in the real world. If you know how fast both my 3 year old, and these puppies move, you will appreciate just how amazing it is that I captured this moment.



Trooper on the move


 This little boy wakes up asking when we can go to the farm, and goes to sleep asking if we are going to go to the farm in the morning. He can't get enough of these little guys. Good thing we are keeping one.



No comments:

Post a Comment