Sunday, February 22, 2015

8 Weeks

How did we get to this point already. I have a saying that I live by these days. "Slow as it goes, Fast when its Past." And that is more true for puppies than anything. It is only about 4 months from the time we decide to go ahead and breed Roxy, to having the puppies going to their new homes.
It has been an adventure. Busy, busy, busy. They grew up in our kitchen for the first 4.5 weeks along with our 6 kids, and 2 dogs. Then moved to the Garage for more space. We have loved watching these puppies develop into such cute, nice pups. I loved all of their personalities, and find myself wondering about each individual puppy. I am anxious for pictures of them in their new environments, that I can show off.
 
Luckily Jayla's family had commitments and could not come till probably next weekend. So we get to spoil her rotten! As much as I miss all the pups, it is fun to have just one or two (we had casey until Saturday). It makes it a bit quieter and less chaotic. Jayla was sad to see Casey leave. She was very mellow for the next day. Lucky she still has her mom and pop to play with. 
 
I could not be more pleased with the homes our pups have gone to. Both this litter and our first. I still keep in contact with a few families from our first litter, and I look forward to keeping contact with who ever would like. I would like pictures of your pups over the next few months, and when they are full grown, so we can show off how amazing our puppies are. Thank you for supporting us in our adventure of raising our puppies. I realize we are relatively new to this hobby, but our hearts and heads are more than committed. We do lots of reading and research on our dogs, and feel like we are breeding dogs that will be a benefit to their families and the English Springer Spaniel Breed.
 
Here's some pictures of our last week.

Casey

Here is Casey going home with her family. They were so excited to have her, and she is transitioning really well. These kids are so adorable, and excited to have a puppy. I love that part of having puppies! It makes the work worth it.
 
This week we had two puppies left. I loved how we had one brown one, and one black one. They spent a lot of time playing in the yard, and I often saw the pups play fighting at the same time Tucker and Roxy were play fighting. (Roxy has returned to her playful self now.)
Jayla getting spoiled by Anna!


Could you get a cuter little girl cuddling a puppy? Seriously love the freckles and smile on this girl.


This is Jayla being part of our family tonight. We watch AFV most Sunday evenings. She joined us, until she got to interested in the popcorn the kids had. Then she had to go out. Brody loves this puppy. Especially now that he has a broken leg, and spends a lot of time crawling on the floor.

Jayla- 8 weeks

Here is her pictures for the week. There are lots, since she was the only puppy for our weekly photo shoot. I wish that I had hired a professional to do pictures when I still had all of them, but I'm SURE Tim would not have approved that expense. She was being very cuddly with Tim tonight, and was tired. But we captured some cute shots.



 
 


Doesn't she look like Roxy?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Roxy and Tucker have been somewhat neglected for the past several weeks, as we were so incredibly busy with puppies, broken legs, and doctors appointments. WE are excited to be back to focusing on them. With the weather being so nice, I plan on making these two my running partners!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment