Friday, February 6, 2015


We are almost 6 weeks old. Our first puppy will be going home with their new family one week from today. I am excited but sad. They are so much work with 7 of them at the moment. But I have grown so attached to these little guys. I already worry about their transition to their new homes. I am playing with the idea of setting up a kennel within their sleep area to get them used to it, knowing that some will be kennel trained. I have my dogs kennel trained, and it is awesome. They both love their kennels and feel safe and secure in it. I would highly recommend it. I will be cutting up the yellow blanket that we have been using with these guys since birth to send them home with.

I trialed them with hard food this morning. First time I have no soaked it. They all ate like they had never been fed before. So I am not worried about their eating. Roxy is slowly weaning them. I have her with them at night, and a few times through the day, but her preference is to not let their teeth and claws near her. By Sunday I will most likely leave the puppies on their own at night. Still letting them be with Roxy during the day, but letting Roxy decide if and when she will let them nurse. They are all eating and drinking a good healthy amount. I gave them their first deworming dose yesterday, and will send the next dose home with the puppies leaving next weekend.

Just a reminder, if you would like your pups micro-chipped let me know sooner than later. I need to know before Monday, and it will be done on Tuesday.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment